Saturday, March 12, 2011

All Things Dor

I'm not blogging for fame, money, or a cause. I'm just here expressing myself and putting out thoughts on topics of interest to me. If someone enjoys what I have to share, good. If you don't, feel free to exercise your freedom of speech. But be warned, this blog is not a democracy. I reserve the right to delete posts that I find offensive, are hateful, or just plain mean.

I'll comment on Gaming, World News, the Cigar Culture, victuals and libations. Not necessary in that order. What qualifies me to talk on any of the topics? Nothing other than being an avid consumer and geek.

I've been gaming since I was in Junior High and played the original paper and pencil D&D. While I've stayed in touch with paper and pencil fantasy gaming, I have been a PC based gamer since the early 80's. My gaming is focused on FPS, FRP, & MMORPG. In fact the pseudonym I use almost everywhere on the net is the name I've used in gaming since I was 13. I've also used the name Yegg.

I really became a news junky in the early 90's, but having worked in law enforcement and after 9/11 I really focused my interest in reading more widely and from as many sources as I could find; especially international sources.

Cigars and I go way back. I remember fishing with my dad as a kid and him smoking a Dutch Masters. Yeah, nothing fancy for him. But it wasn't until about 11 years ago that I picked up my first smoke. I was motivated by recalling my father's habit while fishing and a colleague who was a cigar lover and who had been murdered. Now it's mostly for me, but on the anniversary of my dad's death and my colleagues murder, I'll light a special stick and have a private conversation.

Welcome to my place. Hope to see you around.

No comments:

Post a Comment